Socialization with dogs, humans, and other animals is a great way to ensure a well-mannered and confident dog. The best time to socialize is between 10-16 weeks of age, but not all dogs get to experience socialization as a puppy. A lot of rescue dogs enter their new homes without proper socialization, which can put stress on both the dog and the owner.
Below are signs that your dog may need extra socialization:
- Fearful around people or other animals
- Nervous when out on walks
- Shy or overly excited around people or other dogs
- Aggressive towards other dogs
- Tail tucked between the legs
A dog with improper socialization runs the risk of becoming fearful or aggressive. Contact us today to see how we can help!Get a Free Evaluation